Do you want your photo featured on our #ChampGrad social media wall? The wall will be showcased live on the big screen during Commencement, as well as on the homepage of the Champlain College Commencement website.
You might be thinking, “What the heck is a social media tag wall?”
Well, it’s essentially a webpage that pulls in everything you, and others around the world, post on Instagram feed, Twitter, our Facebook timeline, and Tik Tok, that includes the hashtag #ChampGrad. This is a great way to come together and see your fellow graduates and their families, whether you’re attending graduation in-person or virtually! Check out the social wall here.
What Do I Post?
Now you might be wondering, “What on earth should I post so it shows up on this social wall?” Well, we’ve got some examples to get your creative juices flowing:
- Photos of grads in their caps and gowns—bonus for using the props you can download here
- Photos of grads and family members celebrating
- Well wishes from parents, family members, professors, staff, and more
- On-campus undergraduate students: Post some of your favorite Champlain memories. Maybe you want to throw it back to Orientation, study abroad, that night you stayed up all night gaming with friends, or another memorable time
- Online students: Share some photos of your school experience! Show us you with your family, friends, and other support systems who helped you achieve this outstanding accomplishment!
- Students: Give a shoutout to someone who had a significant impact on your college journey: a family member, professor, academic advisor, etc.
- Family: Have some childhood photos of your grad? Let’s see them! (We can’t promise your student won’t be embarrassed, but it’ll still be cute)
- Show us where you are! Graduates and their families and friends will be celebrating this monumental moment all across the world. Give a sense of place.
- Your decorated grad cap
- Document the monumental moments: tassel flip, cap throw, degree hand off, etc.
- Toasting with sparkling apple juice or champagne
- Who are you celebrating with virtually? Show us!
Where Do I Post?
The world of social media continues to grow and grow, with new platforms constantly popping up. It can be confusing, right? Here’s where you can post, using the hashtag #ChampGrad:
- On your Instagram feed
- On your Twitter feed
- On the Champlain College Facebook timeline
- On your Facebook timeline (but you must also tag the Champlain College Facebook page in your post)
- On your Tik Tok
Why? Because these are the mechanisms the social wall supports. Unfortunately, if you post on your Instagram story or LinkedIn, the social wall will not pick up your post.
What if My Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, and Tik Tok Accounts Are Private? Or what if I don’t have social media?
Good question. If your accounts are private, we won’t be able to see the photos and videos you share using #ChampGrad. No worries; you can scan the QR code below with your phone and upload photos to the wall directly. (It may take a few minutes to show up—we still have to approve your post. But, easy peasy!)
Or, you can head to the homepage of our commencement website, scroll down to the social wall, and click the blue “Create Post” button on the right, which looks just like the image below!
Don’t know how to use a QR code? Here are some helpful steps:
- Open the camera app on your phone
- Pretend like you are taking a photo of the QR code (don’t actually take a photo, though)
- A yellow bar will pop up, inviting you to go to “my.walls.io” > Click on “my.walls.io”
- The link will open up the social wall in your web browser and invite you to upload a photo and/or message
Congratulations on your #ChampGrad graduation!
Thank you for adding your photos and well wishes to our social media wall! We are so proud of you, and we can’t wait to see how you celebrate this special day.