From Their First Year to Their Last Year

Wow. Four whole years have passed in the blink of an eye. During their first-ever semester at Champlain College, these students told us how their experience was going. We followed up with them this month to see how they’re feeling as soon-to-be graduates.

Hannah Warren, ’20 // Management & Innovation

As a first-year, Hannah was already looking to the future. 🔍

In 2️⃣0️⃣1️⃣6️⃣ she said, “Being here, I have this overwhelming sense that I’m going to go far and succeed, and it’ll be because of what I learn at Champlain.”

Four years later in 2️⃣0️⃣2️⃣0️⃣, Hannah says she’s still ready for anything, saying: “Not only have I achieved so many personal goals set before entering college, but I’ve been able to set my sights higher than I ever thought possible. Champlain really invested in me. My professors, advisors, supervisors, and mentors have taught me more than I could have ever expected, and have helped me craft a path for myself that I’m thrilled to start out on. I’ve still got that strong feeling of success to come, even four years later.”

We can’t wait to see what you do in the next four years, Hannah! 

Meghan Donovan, ’20 // Computer Information Technology

More than 1️⃣4️⃣0️⃣0️⃣ days ago, all the way back in 2️⃣0️⃣1️⃣6️⃣, Meghan had this to say about Champlain: “I. Love. It. Champlain College is everything that I imagined and more. The classes are great, the people are great and the sunset is even better! I could not have picked a better place to study for four years.”

In her last semester, Meghan is still thinking about the community she found at Champlain. 🎓🏫

Just this month in 2️⃣0️⃣2️⃣0️⃣ she said, “I would not be where I am today without Champlain College. The community that I have built here has pushed me to become the person I am today, and I am ready to be successful in the ‘real world.’ I will forever love Burlington and the college that I have called home for four amazing years. Thank you Champlain for everything.”

We had four amazing years with you Meghan!

Kunthea Relinski, ‘20 // Professional Writing

A common theme among the Champlain College Class of 2020 has been giving a big thank you to our Champ community. In 2016, Thea found her community right away.

In 2️⃣0️⃣1️⃣6️⃣ she said, “My favorite thing about Champlain is my residence hall. I live in South House, and we are very close knit. We have started a shrine of inside jokes in the common room, and there is always something to do in Soho.”

Four years later, Thea and her friends are celebrating graduation. Now in 2️⃣0️⃣2️⃣0️⃣ she says, “I still keep in touch with friends from South House to this day. It is great that Champlain’s community is so small because you can actively grow amongst your peers and support each other through your individual endeavors. They say that the friends you make in college are the ones that last a lifetime, and after four years at Champlain, I absolutely believe that to be true.”

We couldn’t agree more, Thea!

Christine Koogle, ’20 // Business Administration

Christine is looking ready to graduate. Just four years ago, she was excited about starting all of her Champlain College classes.

In 2️⃣0️⃣1️⃣6️⃣ she said, “I love taking Core classes that are interdisciplinary rather than single-subject classes, and taking classes in my major my first year is helping me establish what I really want to do in my future.”

As she finished her final college classes, Chirstine thought about all of the experiences that helped her earn her diploma.

Recently in 2️⃣0️⃣2️⃣0️⃣ she said, “After my first year, I was able to land two event management and business-centered internships because I already had classroom experience. I was able to continue building on these experiences over the next three years, and I have now found myself working multiple jobs in the events industry, including event planning and catering. I hope to bring even more events to life after graduation.”

You’re A+, Christine!

Congratulations, Class of 2020! From your first year to your last year, you have accomplished so much. And there is so much more to come. Now go out there and get after it!

More On-Campus Undergrads
5/3/2022: Commencement Speakers & Honorary Degree Recipients
Angela Richard on the Upside-Down Curriculum, Personal Growth, and Creating Your Own Internship
Honorary Degree Recipients and Commencement Speakers, Governor Phil Scott and Vermont Health Commissioner Mark Levine, MD